Camden Haven High School

Aim for the Highest

Telephone02 6556 8100

Single course enrolment

Camden Haven High School extends a warm welcome to all Single Course Students and their Supervisors.

At Camden Haven High School we endeavour to provide you with quality education in a range of courses that you might not be able to access at your home school.

Studying by distance education requires a dedicated and self-motivated student who can work independently and is not afraid to ask for help. Teachers at Camden Haven High School will be there to help you to adjust to the distance education process and guide you along in your studies.

To ensure a smooth start to your studies, please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions, be in contact with your teacher or the head teacher. If you have any questions regarding your enrolment, please call Jana Hartmann (Single Course Enrolments) 6556 8250.

Single course provision is available for Stage 5 and Stage 6 courses to students who cannot study the course/s they want in their government or non-government school.

We provide for the education of students who are unable to fulfil their educational requirements at their own school. Students need to meet specific guidelines to be eligible for enrolment in distance education. Single course students can study one (or more) courses at Camden Haven High School while continuing to study the rest of their courses at their home school.

What are the benefits?

Studying by distance education enables students to:

  • select courses of interest or necessity which may be unavailable in the home school.
  • fit their study into existing school timetables and work at their own pace in their own time.
  • have direct contact with teachers by email, phone and post.
  • have teachers visit students in their school where possible.
  • attend study days, seminars and excursions to provide contact with other students across the cohort.

Who can enrol?

Any student who cannot study the course they want in their government or non-government school can seek enrolment. Approval is subject to the conditions described in the Distance Education Enrolment Guidelines issued by NSW Department of Education and Training.

When can students enrol?

We encourage schools to have their completed application mailed to Camden Haven High School by 16th November 2018 to ensure a smooth start to the school year. However, we do accept enrolments until the 13 February 2019.  No cut-off date applies to students whose course of study has been interrupted by transfer to another school.

How do students enrol?

Applications are made by the Principal of the home school. The Principal will determine if the student meets the guidelines for enrolment at Camden Haven High School before sending the application.

For more information, contact Jana Hartmann on 6556 8250 (Single Course Enrolments)

Application Forms

2019 Single Course Application Years 9-10

2019 Single Course Application Years 11-12

All single course applications must come from the Principal at the student's home school. Payment is to be done via LMBR (Government School) or a School Cheque (Non-Government Schools). Applications or payments from parents cannot be accepted.

Subject Descriptions

2018 Stage 5 Course Descriptions

2018 Year 11 Course Descriptions

Resource List

Continuing VET Students

Students who want to study a language course need to complete the following forms:

Beginners Eligibility Form

Continuers Eligibility Form

Beginners Review of Determination

Continuers Review of Determination

Continuing VET Students

Students who have started a VET course and want to continue this course as a single course subject, need to complete and attach the competency sheets for their VET subject. This will enable teachers to tailor the student's continuing program based on the competencies completed already.

Business Services  (Certificate II in Business)

Information and Digital Technology (Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology)

Retail Services (Certificate III in Retail Services)

Helpful documents and templates

Principals who seek enrolment outside the categories, time frame or quotas should provide their request for consideration to their Director, Public Schools NSW (government schools) or the Director Secondary Education (non-government schools).

3.8 Exceptional Circumstances request form (government schools)

3.8 Exceptional Circumstances request form (non-government schools)

Illness and Misadventure Form

NESA guide for acceleration

Proforma for students advancing two or more years

Eligibility for out of quota DE - VET

Minimum Standards Parent Information

Minimum Standards Student Information