Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning. In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
Crossroads is a mandatory 25 hour program for students in Years 11 and/or 12 in NSW public schools.
The program aims to build students’ sense of empowerment and respect for themselves and others.
Crossroads helps senior students address issues of health, safety and wellbeing at a time when they face significant changes and challenges in their lives. It aims to prepare and support students as they encounter situations related to identity, independence and their changing responsibilities.
Cross curriculum priorities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.
© NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012